Almitrine Bismesylate + Raubasine
Almitrine Bismesylate & Raubasine is indicated for:
- Reduces Neurological damage & accelerates recovery after stroke
- Minor age related neurological disorders
- Visual disorders related to age
- Disorders in the inner ear (hearing loss, dizziness, buzzing etc.)
Cerebral vasodilator & Neurosensory oxygenator drugs
Almitrine Bismesylate & Raubasine combines raubasine, a vasodilator; and almitrine, a respiratory stimulant. Raubasine has a adrenolytic activity which is predominantly related to a post-synaptic blocking effect. Furthermore, under conditions of cerebral hypoxia, almitrine causes an increase in the partial pressure of oxygen in arterial blood (Pa02); almitrine causes an increase in the Pa02 and an increase in the oxygen saturation in arterial blood (Sa02), without modifying ventilatory parameters.
Usually 1-2 tablets daily (with a several hours interval).
This drug should not be used with other medicine containing Almitrine. Due to the presence of lactose, this drug should not be used in case galactosemia, glucose or galactose mal-absorption syndrome or in lactose deficiency.
This medicine is contraindicated to those patients having known hypersensitivity to any component of this preparation. Without this if anybody suffers from liver disease, peripheral neuropathy or history of peripheral neuropathy, they should not take this medicine.
Some side effects to some people may occur, like-
- Weight loss, numbness in leg
- Nausea, heaviness or burning in stomach
- Vomiting, constipation, diarrhea
- Insomnia, sleepiness, restlessness, anxiety, vertigo
- Palpitation etc.
Consulting with physicians is required to take this medicine.
Store in a cool and dry place, protected from light.